Secure online shopping at Podington Garden Centre Direct
- A padlock will be visible (usually in the bottom right of your web browser, Internet Explorer 8 shows the padlock next to the address bar), this means you are in secure mode – this should always be when entering personal or payment details. You can also notice the prefix of 'https:' (as opposed to 'http:') in the address bar.
- Being in secure mode means all your details are encrypted for increased security (128 bit)
- We use advanced encryption so that your card details cannot be seen
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for all orders placed – this prevents you from inadvertently revealing any personal information
- We do not store your card details (that is why we ask for them for every order placed)
- The three digit card signature code (or CV2) will be required to place an order – this ensures that your card cannot be misused
If you have any further concerns about security, please Email customer services or call our customer service team on 01933 353656.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
What is it?
Podington.co.uk participates in Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode for added online payment security. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. It is aimed at protecting your details when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else and is becoming a standard across all shopping websites.
What will I see?
If your card qualifies and you haven’t yet registered, simply follow the onscreen instructions. This process will create an online code (different to your card PIN – an online PIN equivalent) for use on www.podington.co.uk and other participating websites.
This is a completely secure process. The information you provide is completely private, will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties.
If you're unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but your card issuer will eventually require you to register to continue shopping online.
If you would like to learn more about these services or have any difficulty with the process, please contact your card issuer who should be able to assist you. Alternatively, you can always place your order or call our customer service team on 01933 353656.
Podington Garden Centre Direct may send you emails from time to time but we would never send an email asking for your security information or log on details, or direct you to a web page that asks for this information.
If you receive an email that appears to be from Podington Garden Centre that you suspect may be fraudulent, do not click on any links contained within the email or provide any credit card or log on details. Please forward a copy to email@example.com.